Monday, January 28, 2013

A Change of Direction- Terror and Hope


Change is hard, and I'm not a big fan of it. Sometimes though, change is necessary. Last week, I resigned from the law firm where I'd been working these last 7 months. So, as of February 1, 2013, I'm on my own.

I'm terrified and thrilled. It's an odd combination of emotions, and at different times one wins out over the other. There's a lot to do between now and Friday to set up the firm. Oh yes, and I still need to work on cases, write, spend time with family and address all the lovely things that children bring into my life.

Making my administrative "to do" list was daunting and reassuring. I know what I have to do, and meeting deadlines is what I do for a living. I can't really complain about the short time frame because I picked it. While the next several months are likely to be harried and financially difficult, in the long run I'll be better off. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Sometimes walking the path less traveled is what we need to do. I'm betting on myself now. I can do this. Just watch me.


3 comments:

Clancy said...

Hugs, love and all kinds of mojo being sent your way for your new venture. I know you'll do great :)

Unknown said...

Good luck Nancy! You're a strong, gutsy woman. You'll do great. Congratulations on your new venture.

Unknown said...

Thanks Clancy and Sara. It's a bit nerve racking but the right choice for my family and my career.