Friday, April 27, 2012

Work in Progress

It's the last Friday of the month and that means a work in progress update. I'm currently sitting at the BWI airport waiting for my flight to take me to Superstar Writing Seminar . The photo on this post is from the first Superstars seminar. What's unique about this seminar is it teaches you about the business aspects of writing. To my knowledge, it's the only seminar out there that does. Another really wonderful thing about this seminar is the main presenters (Kevin J. Anderson, Rebecca Moesta, Eric Flint, Dave Farland/Wolverton and Brandon Sanderson) and a lot of the guest presenters are available between sessions to talk to. Heck, finding micro-brew pubs with Kevin is sort of becoming a Superstars tradition. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Repeat Offenders", people like me who have attended a previous Superstar seminar and meeting all the new people.

The time devoted to urban fantasy novel I was working on at the last update was hijacked by what was suppose to be a short erotic romance story. The erotic romance sits at 15,000 words now and looks like it's going to be a novella. My goal is to finish the novella this week so I can get back to the fantasy novel. Vonna, whose featured in the upcoming Paths Less Traveled short story collection and the novel's main character, has been very patient with Maysoon's usurpation of her story time, but I can tell Vonna's patience is running out.

I'm waiting on comments from my editor for the next short story collection, Shots at Redemption, which is due out from Musa Publishing on June 1. I have a bunch of upcoming guest posts in the next three weeks to promote Paths Less Traveled, and need to get back to some serious editing on another story. That's it for the moment. I'll try to post from Superstars so you can see what you're missing.

No comments: